Skip to main content

Week 9


9th week... I've been here for 8 weeks and a day now. My visa isn't through so this may not be my last week at the MTC. The rest of my district leaves next Tuesday andWednesday. I'm losing my companion who has become one of my closest friends and I'm trying to emotionally prepare for that by just being super excited that he gets to go to Anaheim and serve the Vietnamese people. His Viet name is Thắng For those of you in Southern California, go visit the Viet branch sometime and say Hi for me. Take him cool things, just not chocolate, he doesn't like chocolate.
I have finished my goal of reading through the entire Book of Mormon during my stay at the MTC, and it was glorious. This is probably the first time I've read through the Book of Mormon with purpose and actually trying to understand instead of just reading to read. That's not to say I've never studied it, I have and understood a lot of the doctrine before, but I have a much greater conviction of how the Book of Mormon can help in people's lives. There are several of you who may be reading this who have never read the Book of Mormon, you may not even believe there is a God, but I testify to you, there is a God. He sent his Son, Jesus Christ to Atone for all of our sins and to ease our spiritual burdens. If you have any intention of ever trying to find out for yourself, go to Mormom.org and request a copy of the Book of Mormon. In combination with the Bible, the Book of Mormon gives a great understanding of the Doctrine of Christ and of the Father. It truly is a restoration of the truthfulness of His everlasting Gospel.
I want to thank everyone who has written me. Your letters, packages and emails have really meant a lot. I have been strengthened by your support and want to thank you all for your prayers. Being a missionary can be a great sacrifice, but it also brings so much joy.

Popular posts from this blog

start of week 8 (i know its a week late) :)

Today is the first day of Week eight, and my oh my, has week seven been eventful. With the awesome Mission Conference, amazing devotionals on Sunday and  Tuesday , and a super awesome surprise that I'll tell you all later.   So, for the gospel topic of the week, it's a continuation on the Atonement.   In Moses  6:59 -60 it states: 59 That by reason of transgression cometh the fall, which fall bringeth death, and inasmuch as ye were born into the world by water, and blood, and the  a spirit , which I have made, and so became of  b dust  a living soul, even so ye must be  c born again  into the kingdom of heaven, of  d water , and of the Spirit, and be cleansed by blood, even the blood of mine Only Begotten; that ye might be sanctified from all sin, and  e enjoy  the  f words  of  g eternal life  in this world, and eternal life in the world to come, even immortal  h glory ; 60 For b...

First full week in AUS

Hello Everybody! So I have officially survived a full week in Australia! My Vietnamese is still pretty terrible. I mostly just sit quietly in lessons and smile. (like this ^_^) and nod. We work with a lot of University students from Vietnam. So retention can be difficult, but the members are super solid! We have some amazing members currently, and there is a lot of great things happening. I've heard that there was a super big announcement in the broadcast, but as of yet, I don't know what it is... I haven't seen it yet. I can't wait to find out though. I've seen a lot of opposition here, and ultimately every objection I've heard can be directly answered in the bible, supported by the Book of Mormon. But people have their agency and the right to find out for themselves. There is a huge difference between here and the Bronx. In the Bronx, people respected the missionaries and would keep their ill mannered thoughts to themselves. Here people speak them openly, even...

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam!

One of the best ways I've found to get out of negativity, is to ignore it and move on to something more cheerful. Presently, it's the song, "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam." It's such a simple song, without deep doctrinal content, but it brings such a spirit of peace to my mind. Sometimes that's what we need. A quite and peaceful distraction from the noise that's around us. Challenge for the week, look for quite moments to notice the beauty of God's creation. Sing a hymn or song that reminds you of your relationship with God. Read the Book of Mormon at least 5 minutes a day. You will find more enjoyment in life. :) Love, Elder Ryan