Skip to main content

New Area!!! again...

Sorry, this is a week late.

This week has been a week of change! Whoo, I think I might be used to change now...
 
I'm now in Springvale, re-opening the area for Vietnamese missionaries. I have an English speaking companion, and lots and lots of work to do. There is definitely not a lack of things to do, it's just a matter of the best way to get it all done, build up the program here and make the area viable to assist the Vietnamese in the area to come closer to Christ.
Unlike in the city, there are several barriers present (like translation services) that I now have to figure out a way to overcome. There are lots of different things that are new. In the city, the church space is convenient and easy to give directions to. Here the chapel is more conventional and kind of out of the way. The public transit here isn't as frequent, so we're on bicycles (which presents a problem of it's own).
 
So this week, I think I've lost some weight already, my body is very sore and is recovering very slowly, but I know I can do it. (If you're feeling up to it, you could help me in my prayers to get assigned a car ;) )
 
I'm hoping that things go well and that I can find strength in the Lord to overcome all of these challenges.
 
I love you all!!!
 
An Uncommon Elder
Elder Ryan

Popular posts from this blog

start of week 8 (i know its a week late) :)

Today is the first day of Week eight, and my oh my, has week seven been eventful. With the awesome Mission Conference, amazing devotionals on Sunday and  Tuesday , and a super awesome surprise that I'll tell you all later.   So, for the gospel topic of the week, it's a continuation on the Atonement.   In Moses  6:59 -60 it states: 59 That by reason of transgression cometh the fall, which fall bringeth death, and inasmuch as ye were born into the world by water, and blood, and the  a spirit , which I have made, and so became of  b dust  a living soul, even so ye must be  c born again  into the kingdom of heaven, of  d water , and of the Spirit, and be cleansed by blood, even the blood of mine Only Begotten; that ye might be sanctified from all sin, and  e enjoy  the  f words  of  g eternal life  in this world, and eternal life in the world to come, even immortal  h glory ; 60 For b...

First full week in AUS

Hello Everybody! So I have officially survived a full week in Australia! My Vietnamese is still pretty terrible. I mostly just sit quietly in lessons and smile. (like this ^_^) and nod. We work with a lot of University students from Vietnam. So retention can be difficult, but the members are super solid! We have some amazing members currently, and there is a lot of great things happening. I've heard that there was a super big announcement in the broadcast, but as of yet, I don't know what it is... I haven't seen it yet. I can't wait to find out though. I've seen a lot of opposition here, and ultimately every objection I've heard can be directly answered in the bible, supported by the Book of Mormon. But people have their agency and the right to find out for themselves. There is a huge difference between here and the Bronx. In the Bronx, people respected the missionaries and would keep their ill mannered thoughts to themselves. Here people speak them openly, even...

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam!

One of the best ways I've found to get out of negativity, is to ignore it and move on to something more cheerful. Presently, it's the song, "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam." It's such a simple song, without deep doctrinal content, but it brings such a spirit of peace to my mind. Sometimes that's what we need. A quite and peaceful distraction from the noise that's around us. Challenge for the week, look for quite moments to notice the beauty of God's creation. Sing a hymn or song that reminds you of your relationship with God. Read the Book of Mormon at least 5 minutes a day. You will find more enjoyment in life. :) Love, Elder Ryan