Skip to main content

As Promised

These last two weeks have been pretty good! We've been preparing one of our investigators for baptism. He's super awesome, and his mom is really glad that we've been coming by. He's stopped smoking, comes to church, is willing to keep all of the commandments, and is super ready for baptism. It's really exciting that as we've exercised our faith that we've seen miracles to help us reach the mission goal. We just keep praying that everything will work out. :)
 
Our other awesome investigator is still working Sundays, we keep praying and hoping that it will all work out in her favor. She knows the church is true, she really wants to follow Jesus Christ, but she needs her job, so some patience is required... Because we've taught her all the lessons already, we've just barely started doing in depth scripture study with her. Yesterday, we went over a timeline of the complete cannon of scripture including all of the standards works of the church.
 
There have been many miracles here in Melbourne. Let's just keep up the faith! :)
 
With Love,
 
Elder Ryan

Popular posts from this blog

First full week in AUS

Hello Everybody! So I have officially survived a full week in Australia! My Vietnamese is still pretty terrible. I mostly just sit quietly in lessons and smile. (like this ^_^) and nod. We work with a lot of University students from Vietnam. So retention can be difficult, but the members are super solid! We have some amazing members currently, and there is a lot of great things happening. I've heard that there was a super big announcement in the broadcast, but as of yet, I don't know what it is... I haven't seen it yet. I can't wait to find out though. I've seen a lot of opposition here, and ultimately every objection I've heard can be directly answered in the bible, supported by the Book of Mormon. But people have their agency and the right to find out for themselves. There is a huge difference between here and the Bronx. In the Bronx, people respected the missionaries and would keep their ill mannered thoughts to themselves. Here people speak them openly, even...

start of week 8 (i know its a week late) :)

Today is the first day of Week eight, and my oh my, has week seven been eventful. With the awesome Mission Conference, amazing devotionals on Sunday and  Tuesday , and a super awesome surprise that I'll tell you all later.   So, for the gospel topic of the week, it's a continuation on the Atonement.   In Moses  6:59 -60 it states: 59 That by reason of transgression cometh the fall, which fall bringeth death, and inasmuch as ye were born into the world by water, and blood, and the  a spirit , which I have made, and so became of  b dust  a living soul, even so ye must be  c born again  into the kingdom of heaven, of  d water , and of the Spirit, and be cleansed by blood, even the blood of mine Only Begotten; that ye might be sanctified from all sin, and  e enjoy  the  f words  of  g eternal life  in this world, and eternal life in the world to come, even immortal  h glory ; 60 For b...

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam!

One of the best ways I've found to get out of negativity, is to ignore it and move on to something more cheerful. Presently, it's the song, "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam." It's such a simple song, without deep doctrinal content, but it brings such a spirit of peace to my mind. Sometimes that's what we need. A quite and peaceful distraction from the noise that's around us. Challenge for the week, look for quite moments to notice the beauty of God's creation. Sing a hymn or song that reminds you of your relationship with God. Read the Book of Mormon at least 5 minutes a day. You will find more enjoyment in life. :) Love, Elder Ryan